"Apparition"

"Apparition"
"Apparition in situ," 2012

Friday 9 March 2012

Stone is in the air

For the past several weeks I have been working on an idea I have been interested in for a long time, combining cast glass with sculpted stone. The process is exciting and challenging. I am following my instinct and will see were it will lead me. I am simultaneously thinking of a project proposal that I will submit among others, to the Banff Centre for the Arts. It would involve the creation of work with the combination of stone and glass while keeping true to my aesthetic. I still have some work to do on this piece but here is a photographic glimps at my process so far.














  

1 comment:

  1. Very Nice Katherine!
    I really like how you combine
    stone with glass in this
    new piece, it's beautiful!

    ReplyDelete