"Apparition"

"Apparition"
"Apparition in situ," 2012

Sunday 9 September 2012

The Glass Furnace, Istanbul


I have been neglecting this blog and it is time to update you on my work for the past four months! In May I had the great opportunity of participating in a master class with the French glass artist Marie-Odile Savigny that took place at The Glass Furnace in Istanbul ,Turkey. In the few weeks I was there I met some wonderful Turkish and international artists who were incredibly welcoming and stimulating, and this created a wonderful exchange of ideas. Marie-Odile demonstrated Kiln casting techniques which involved the creation of a core, and this enabled the application of texture within a shape. She also taught us self developed techniques to save materials and speed up some of the steps of mould making. All this new knowledge will be directly applicable to my practice and will open up new possibilities. Here are a few pictures of my time in Istanbul that will describe my experience.












2 comments:

  1. Wow! Investing on education and training is really important so that you can further hone your knowledge and skills. I have also undergone a lot of education and trainings for this kind of business, and it's really a great help. Wish you all the best! Thanks for sharing this!
    - http://www.jordonglass.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Generally, a furnace for home is powered by different means; they could be run by electricity, coal, charcoal, oil, liquefied petroleum and gas. Please see this site for more info.

    Furnace service Toronto

    ReplyDelete